Thinking about Dry July? Why not, a Mulled Wine to keep your thirst entice.
Giesen 0% Merlot
Has great flavour and tannin from Hawkes Bay , New Zealand.
- 20 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 vanilla bean stick, sliced open so, the paste is exposed
- 1 tbsp honey
- 500mL Giesen 0% Merlot
- Put 500mL of the Giesen 0% Merlot in a pot.
- Add cloves, star anise, cinnamon stick and the opened vanilla bean stick
- Simmer on a medium/high for 10 mins. Ensure the Giesen 0% Merlot wine is not boiling.
- Add the honey after 10 mins, continuing to cook the mixture.
- After the wine has been on medium/high heat, let it simmer for 10 mins on low heat with the pot lid on.
- Pour your wine into a glass and enjoy!